This guide on how to start a dropshipping business in India is meant to hold your hand while you experience the vast universe of a dropshipping business in India. We will address everything from a brief introduction to the intricacies of using dropshipping to your advantage. Let’s dive into it.
Table of content:
- What is Dropshipping business in India?
- How To Start Dropshipping Business in India?
- Is Dropshipping Business in India Profitable?
- How To Promote Your Dropshipping Business in India?
- Can You Start A Dropshipping Business in India Without Money?
- Top 5 Dropshipping Business In India
- Dropshipping Business Ideas
- Products for dropshipping in india
- Bonus: Amazon Dropshipping in India
- Start Dropshipping Business in India with Blinkstore
What Is Dropshipping business in India?
Broadly speaking, dropshipping is a method of fulfillment used in retail where a store doesn’t keep the products physically in stock. Instead, whenever an order is placed, the purchased item is shipped directly from the wholesaler to the customer. As a result, it eliminates the step of the seller having to directly get involved in product packaging and shipping.
The main difference between the standard retail warehousing model and dropshipping is that in this case, the selling merchant does not stock or own any inventory, thus eliminating expensive inventory keeping and logistic costs.
With dropshipping, you can be free from the trouble of:
- Managing or paying for a storage unit
- Packing and shipping orders
- Keeping a track of inventory
- Handling returns
- Continuous ordering and managing stock levels
How To Start a Dropshipping Business in India?
Now that we have the basics of dropshipping squared away, let’s get into the steps of actually launching a dropshipping business.
1. Find your niche and pick the right products
The number 1 step to building a dropshipping business is to figure out the products that you want to sell and who’ll be your buyers.
Pick a niche that you are naturally interested in. Along with that, make sure that your niche and choice of products has some demand in the market.
Start with making a list of things that you want to sell and on the side make a note of potential customer who’d be buying them from your store. For example, things like “active wear”, “funky t-shirts”, “cool mobile covers”, etc.
Once that is done, look on Instagram and Google trends that people consistently search for these products online throughout the year and notice if there’s any trend in it. The idea is to pick niche and products that have consistent or growing demand.
2. Set your Store on Blinkstore (Choose Shopify if you manually want to integrate with another sellr)
Even though you do not need to have a physical inventory of the products, you need to have a virtual catalog of all your products. Pair it with a responsive platform and a clever domain name and you’ll be good to go!
Sign up on Blinkstore seller dashboard and create your store in less than 10 minutes. If you do this, you can skill the point no. 3. Blinkstore not only provides you with your own online storefront but also acts as your dropshipping partner. So with Blinkstore, you do not need a seller or dropshipping partner.
3. (For Shopify) Choose the right sellers
This is going to be the make-or-break step in your dropshipping business. Spend as much time as required researching, shortlisting, and finalizing your sellers. Choose sellers that can be trusted to maintain a certain standard of professionalism without you having to interact with them daily.
Pick sellers that are manufacturers and not just third-party sellers themselves to avoid having to track a long chain of procurement. Compare profit margins and delivery times of various sellers to pick the best one.
Using Blinkstore, you can launch your own dropshipping business in India and start selling 30+ varieties of products from your own store within minutes. Blinkstore manages the dropshipping business in India on behalf of the sellers and takes care of inventory, shipping, and all the operations. You can read this guide on how to design and sell t shirts online in India to learn more.
4. Promote! Promote! Promote to make sales
Now that you’ve finalized your, product and platform, it’s time to spread the word. Engage your customers in a smart way to generate lots of interest pre-launch. And start promoting your business online to get paying customers and start making some sweet profits.
Is Dropshipping Business in India Profitable?
Dropshipping is a fantastic concept, one that has a lot of scope of growth and experimentation in India. Dropshipping business in India is very competitive and you’ll need to closely monitor your pricing, choose the right pricing, and keep your business expenses low to make profits. But the short answer is, “Yes, dropshipping business in India is profitable”. Here are a few reasons why:
- Cost-Effective: it eliminates the cost of warehousing and logistics
- Low Risk: The risk of loss isn’t as significant since you don’t hold any inventory that might expire.
- Automated Functioning: dropshipping can be automated to a very high degree as all functions involved, i.e., branding, marketing, placing orders, setting prices can be automated.
- Location Independent: you save on rent cost as you don’t need to have a physical office.
- Purchasing Power: Another major development seen in the market is the increase in disposable income of various economic groups which results in higher spending power.
- Wider Reach: since dropshipping is essentially dependent on the internet, your business can have a much broader reach across the globe.
Dropshipping is also one of the most popular ways to earn money online in India. If you are interested in learning how to earn money online in India, read this amazing guide comprising of 50 ideas on how to earn money online in India.
How To Promote Your Dropshipping Business in India?
- Running Ads on Instagram & Facebook: this includes influencer shout outs, story ads, and Facebook posts
- Pay-Per-Click Ads: Google is the biggest platform for PPC ads and you can get featured in Google shopping and in Google search results.
- Pinterest Advertising: create an aesthetic pins board featuring your products and promote it on other social media channels
- YouTube Advertising: create your own channel and post informative videos on relevant topics featuring your products. You could also pay influencers to promote your product on their channel.
- Reviews and word-of-mouth: Get your customers’ reviews and testimonials to promote positive word of mouth.
- Social Media Content: Create great content on your social media that gets organic reach and engagement. Once people start engaging with your social media content, then you can start positioning your products in the posts and promoting them to get sales.
Can You Start A Dropshipping Business in India Without Money?
How much does it cost to start a dropshipping business in India? Although you do not need loads of money to start a dropshipping business, you still need to make an investment if you are choosing any platform other than Blinkstore. Yes it is definitely possible to start a dropshipping business in India without money. The two most crucial things to starting earning money via dropshipping are time and niche. Some platform options:
Blinkstore is the only free dropshipping platform in India among all these platforms. With Blinkstore, you do not need any upfront investment to set up for online store and in listing products to sell. But you’ll need to make investments in marketing and growing your business online.
Top 5 Dropshipping Business In India
- Blinkstore: Blinkstore offers the complete platform to launch your own e-commerce store and it comes vertically integrated with print-on-demand dropshipping. It has 30+ products in the print-on-demand catalog that you can design and start selling online within a few minutes at zero upfront investment. Also, Blinkstore provides premium features like custom domain, Google Analytics Integration, and Facebook Pixel Integrations for free.
- Indiamart: Indiamart is a huge online B2B platform, where you can find all major dropshippers, suppliers, and manufacturers for your online dropshipping business.
- Baapstore: Baapstore is one of India’s most trusted platforms to start a dropshipping business. This platform provides a variety of product catalogs for you to sell on your online store, online marketplaces, social media, or any other medium.
- ExportersIndia: Exporters India is also a B2B marketplace, where online retailers can find dropshipping service providers for a variety of products across India. There you can contact suppliers directly for your requirements and fulfill the orders customers place on your website directly.
- Dropship Zone: Dropship Zone is an Indian dropshipping company focused on providing specialized services to drop shippers. They have a wide range of hottest selling products in India. Because they source products directly from the manufacturer, it gives you the opportunity to earn a high-profit margin.
- Wholesale Box: Wholesale Box is one of the earliest, fully dedicated dropshipping platforms, and probably one of the top wholesale dropshippers in India. When you place an order as a wholesaler, you have to buy the bunch, but if you register yourself as a drop shipper, you can buy a single product and ship it to your customer directly.
Dropshipping business ideas in india
India is the biggest supplier of raw materials and products in various industries. Also, India’s e-commerce sales are estimated to grow at a 51% year-on-year rate, making it the biggest opportunity for online business owners.
With Blinkstore, thousands of entrepreneurs are building their online business and you can be the next if you have an idea or a brand concept in your mind. There are many ideas on dropshipping business in India. We’ll explore some of those in this part of the blog.
- Sell apparels online
- Sell mobile covers, gaming pads, mouse pads, and other accessories
- Sell home decor and kitchen use products in India
- Sell cushion covers, mugs, wall posters, notebooks, etc.
Products for dropshipping in India
The best products for dropshipping in India are t-shirts, hoodies, mobile and computer accessories, home decor products, etc. You can explore the list of products for dropshipping in India available on Blinkstore.
- Water bottles
- Cushion covers
- Mouse pads
- Gamings Pads
- Kids clothing
- Home decor items
- Face masks
- Laptop skins
- Essentials oils and candles
- Greens and plants
- Pet supply
- Medical supplies
- Fashion and clothing
- Health and wellness supplements
- Books and music
- Electronic items
Bonus: Amazon Dropshipping India
Fulfilled by Amazon (FBA) enables Indian sellers to sell directly to international customers and deliver products across the globe.
– Amazon stores your products in the Amazon fulfilment center.
– Amazon handles quick delivery to destinations across the globe with the Prime shipping option.
– Amazon offers 24/7 customer service
– Amazon FBA takes care of the returns
– Amazon FBA notifies you when you need to restock the products (if needed).
Read the complete guide on Amazong Dropshipping business in India here. From this link, you can learn more about Amazing Dropshipping India and also register to sell in India and internationally. With Amazon Dropshipping, you can also sell to 18 marketplaces, you do not necessarily need to sell on Amazon only.
How does FBA work?
Step 1: You send the products that you want to ship to the fulfillment center.
Step 2: Amazon FBA receives the products and stores them carefully.
Step 3: Once the order is placed, Amazon FBA packs, ships, and delivers the products to the customers.
Step 4: Amazon manages the customer service and also handles the returns.
How to Start Dropshipping in India with Blinkstore – In 3 Easy Steps
Step 1: Signup on Blinkstore
Sign up on Blinkstore with your google account.
Step 2: Create your store and upload designs on products of your choice
Click on Create Store and enter the name you want to pick for your store or dropshipping business. Your store will be live on store-name.blinkstore.in subdomain for the time being. You can also connect it with your own custom domain. Once your store is created, you can customise it to fit your branding.
Step 3: Start selling and Blinkstore will take care of all the dropshipping operations for you
From Blinkstore catalog of print-on-demand products, choose the products that you want to sell. Now upload your designs on them and list them on your store. That’s all! you are now good to go and start selling anywhere in India at your own profit margins. As soon as you make a sale, your profits will appear in the payout section from where you can withdraw it to your bank account.
FAQs on Dropshipping in India
Is dropshipping legal in india?
Yes, dropshipping business in India is completely legal. If you file your taxes properly and operate under the general laws of business in India, then you can run your dropshipping business without any issues. Read this to learn about the Tax Implications on Dropshipping business in India.
Successful Dropshippers in India
Flying start online by Rito talks about a successful dropshipping business in India. There are many people who run profitable dropshipping business in India
Can I dropship to USA from India?
Do you need to register in USA to dropship from India? Not specifically. All you need is an Indian bank account, PAN, and your GST registration in India to file your taxes properly. And if a platforms asks for you an international bank account to collect payment then you can create an account on Payoneer or PayPal to accept payments internationally. Here’s the complete guide on this: Dropshipping from India to USA.
Is GST required for dropshipping?
Do you need GST for dropshipping in India? If you are selling products via an eCommerce website then GST registration is compulsory. But the threshold turnover for GST is Rs. 40 lakh. If you are doing business with turnover less than that, you can file your taxes regularly and your business will be legitimate in India. Here’s a complete guide to GST on Dropshipping business in India.
Your new store may or may not be an internet sensation in the first few months of inception but you gotta be patient and make the right moves. If your products don’t sell well at first, try switching niches and suppliers or reassess your marketing strategies.
Take the initial period for experimentation and find a strategy that works for you. Trial and error with products, vendors, platforms, and marketing strategies will definitely result in you finding your dropshipping sweet spot. All in all, your understanding of how to start a dropshipping business in India is complete and you can confidently launch your dropshipping business in India today!