The guides on how to make money on social media 2021 are now old, we’ve got a lot of new updates in the year 2022. Here’s the updated guide on how to earn money from social media in India in 2022. If you are someone who is wondering how people in India are earning in the range of Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 10,00,000 per month and even more with their social media, we’ve got your back. It is true that with the help of social media, it’s possible to earn money online.
There are many ways to make money from social media, and all the methods take consistency and hard work. We’d say that consistency is more important than working hard when it comes to how to earn money from social media in India
Table of Contents:
- How to earn money from Instagram in India
- How to make money on Instagram by writing
- Launch your official merch or D2C brand
- Collaborate and Work with brands
- Create memes and viral content on social media
- Earn money from YouTube monetization
- Build audience on Twitter and earn money
- Future Instagram monetization possibilities
- FAQs on How to earn money from social media in India
In this blog, we are covering all the popular ways that can help you take your social media game to the next level and make it earn money for you.
1. How to earn money from Instagram in India
Instagram is among two of the biggest social media platform in India along with YouTube. India has around 230 million active Instagram users and this huge user base creates the opportunity for monetization for Instagram users.
Here are 9 ways to earn money from Instagram in India:
- Brand Partnerships. As a content creator, you can partner with brands to promote their products and services
- Promote Affiliate Links
- Sponsored Content
- Fan Membership & Exclusive Content
- License photographs and videos
- IGTV Ads
Instagram is the most important influencer marketing channel. And this data is a little old, Instagram’s popularity has only increased over time. This makes it the ideal platform for advertising, influencer marketing, and paid partnerships of various kinds.
Paid partnerships are available in India for Instagram. This allows influencers (creators) to get paid by brands for placing their product and promotional content within their own content and promoting it to their audience. This allows creators with all kinds of audience sizes to make money on Instagram in India.
Brand partnerships remain the biggest way to earn money on Instagram. Other options are not completely and openly available for all users in India. For example, Instagram Shopping is only available to a few brands in India. If you are a D2C brand or a creator with a good number of following, then you can apply for the Shopping feature and sell products to your followers directly.
Other features like donation badges on live streams, Ads monetization in Reels, Fan Memberships, and NFTs, aren’t still available to all. We’ll talk about this in the latter part of this blog.
2. How to make money on Instagram by writing
If you are a poet, writer, or an artist who is good with words. You’ve written several pieces of small content on your Instagram and you’ve people who read and appreciate your work. Then half of your work to make money on Instagram by writing is done. Here we’ll take example of a writer who became a popular and widely read author through her work on Instagram:
There are many writers on Instagram who’ve built their own audience by writing amazing poems, short stories, and a variety of content. If you have a good number of followers as a writer, then you can partner and collaborate with brands who have interest and overlap in your audience. Other than paid brand collaboration we’ve a few more tried and tested ideas by other writers on Instagram to make money —
Here are some ideas that most writers on Instagram can try out for making money:
- Sell your book on Instagram
- Create a program where your top fans would need to pay to come on Instagram live with you
- Get paid for reviewing and promoting someone’s work on your Instagram page
- Create a small paid course and sell it in your link
- Write poems and content for people and brands and get paid
- Create a paid (premium) group of your top fans and do writing sessions with them
3. Launch your official merch or D2C brand
Almost all creators and influencers can create their official merchandise store online for their fans and followers. Creating merch is not only a good way to earn money from social media but it also elevates your brand as a creator. Luckily, it is not difficult to create your merch and earn money from it.
Using Blinkstore, you can create your official merch store, design products from the catalog of 30+ products, and start selling to your fans. Blinkstore will manage the operations, print-on-demand and shipping in the backend. Blinkstore is also free forever.
If you are not a designer and do now know where to start creating your merch design. We’d suggest that you can read this guide on design and sell t shirts online in India. Even for non-designers, with the help of Blinkstore and Canva, it’ll not take you more than 10 minutes to make your official merch store live.
If you have already created your store using Shopify or any other e-commerce store builder and want to connect it with a print-on-demand service. Then you can read this list of best websites for Print on demand in India. And figure out the right print-on-demand partner for your merch.
4. Collaborate and Work with brands
Collaborating and working with brands to create paid content, promote their products, or to promote their brand is the oldest, proven, and the best way out there for creator to earn money from social media.
Irrespective of how many followers a creator has on social media, there are use cases and ways for them to do paid partnerships with the brands.
Look at this graph below that shows why brands in India collaborate with influencers. If you can help a brand achieve any of these goals, you can earn money on social media.
There are two type of brand collaborations:
- Paid Collaboration: In which the brand will pay you money for creating content, posting content, and mentioning their brands as per the agreement and campaign requirements.
- Barter Collaboration: In which the brand will send you their product for free in exchange of you posting some content that products their product.
If you are a new creator, you’d probably start with barter deals and work with brands and marketers to build a reputation. So that you can continue getting good deals. As you grow and become better with your content game, you’d start getting paid opportunities as well. As a creator, you can also create a pitch and media kit of yourself to showcase what all you can do to help a brand promote its products.
5. Create meme and viral content on social media
If you are a active on Instagram, Twitter, or YouTube, you must have seen hundreds of meme pages, funny contents, and channels that post entertaining content. There’s a huge motivation behind the active content creation by pages, accounts, and channels. It gives them huge audience and interaction on their content.
For example, look at this meme page on Instagram. It is one of the biggest meme page on Instagram and it is monetizing it by putting a paid link in their bio. They also partner with brands to promote their products and content.
You do not need to think of creating a meme page with the aim of getting a million followers. Even pages with engaging content in niche categories and 10K followers has the potential to land a paid collaboration opportunity. How to earn money from social media in India if your social media has lots of great content but it still doesn’t grow or land a paid partnership? Well, you would become a very skilled, creative, and valuable person to work and consult with brands on their social media content strategy.
You can consult with multiple brands on their social media content strategy, charge them fee, and put your content skills at work.
6. Earn money from YouTube monetization
On YouTube, the channels that are monetized earn anywhere between $1 to $12 per 1000 views on their videos. This pay on YouTube Ads monetization varies from region to region. For example, if you channel has viewership from USA, Canada, Australia, UK, and similar countries with high per capital income, you’d earn more. And if your viewership is from India, south east Asia, and other countries with comparatively lower per capita income, you’d be earning on the lower spectrum of it.
Anyways, keeping the math of how much you’d earn on youtube aside. It’s one of the biggest platform that provides the ability to earn money from social media in India to everyone. If you are creative and you’ve found a niche for your content, you also stand a change to make money from social media.
You’d need to have at least 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hours in the last 12 months to apply for YouTube monetization. There onwards, you’d need to ensure that your youtube channels comply with the YouTube monetization policies to keep it valid for getting the benefits of monetization.
There are many full-time YouTubers in India who have cracked the code on how to earn money from social media in India. You can watch their tutorials on YouTube and learn how you can do that too.
Read our complete guide on How to earn money from YouTube in India.
7. Build an audience on Twitter and earn money
How to earn money from social media in India – Twitter edition. Twitter is a great social media for people who don’t want to create visual content like photos and videos of themselves. It allows people to share their thoughts, knowledge, and commentary on things happening in the world in 280 characters of less. Which brings out creativity and sparks conversations among many people.
There are many people on Twitter who are using it to earn money, promote their business, promote their side gig, and also to create their own personal brand.
Showcase yourself on Twitter:
- Use your best photo for the profile
- Use a cover photo that represents your personality.
- Write your twitter bio to show who you are, what you do, why should people follow you, what are your best achievements, how should people remember you, etc.
Regularly tweet, interact with people, and add value to the twitter community:
- Follow people on twitter who you appreciate and are among the best in your area of interest. Learn from them. Follow a diverse set of people to get a variety of point of view on every trending topic.
- Regularly tweet about things you are learning, your experiences, jokes and subtle humour, life updates, and anything that you want to share about yourself with the world. Be careful, one wrong tweet (even unintentional) can create an image of yours that you are not.
- Reply to tweets by other people and engage in the ongoing conversations.
Launch a newsletter on Twitter or Substack:
- Twitter is coming up with it’s own monetization features. One of them is Newsletter. Twitter integrated seamlessly with Revue to help you show your newsletter on your profile. Here’s everything you need to know about Revue + Twitter.
- With Revue, just like subspace, you can create premium subscription and make your newsletter paid.
Host ticketed spaces:
- Twitter spaces is a Clubhouse like feature. Where you can create audio rooms that people can join in real time and talk about a specific topic or have a free flowing conversation.
- Now Twitter has got an option to create paid (ticketed) spaces, where participants would need to pay a ticket price to join.
Other than these, twitter has recently got an option to create community. All these features and twitter’s ability to give your organic reach on your content help you to enable and figure out how to earn money from social media in India.
8. Future Instagram monetization possibilities
It is a popular question that people who have Instagram 1 million followers income India. Well, there’s no easy way to calculate the income of people on Instagram with high number of followers. The answer is also that it depends on how actively they are using their account for monetization.
Let’s look at few features that Instagram is building or has already built for monetization possibilities, and will be available in India in the future.
Badges in live streams
During live stream, viewers can buy what Instagram calls Badges to support creators. Badges are available in $0.99, $1.99, and $4.99 USD. Once you set up this feature, it will be available for all your live streams.
To use badges, click on your profile and go to your Professional Dashboard. Click on the Badges tab and turn it on.
Badges were introduced in 2020 but are only available in the USA. Instagram is testing this feature with few creators in other countries, including the United Kingdom, Australia, and more.
To use badges on Instagram, you must:
- Be located in the United States
- Have a Creator or Business account
- Have at least 10,000 followers
- Be 18+
- Follow Instagram’s Partner Monetization and other guidelines.
Enable Ads on your Instagram Reels
Just like Badges, this feature is also currently available only in the USA. But it is similar to the YouTube’s monetization model. Where Instagram will serve ads on your reels and you’ll receive a percentage cut out of the advertising revenue.
Instagram has announced that they’ll be exploring the NFTs space. And maybe enabling artists to show their NFTs on their Instagram profile. As of now, OpenSea remains the biggest marketplace for the discovery, collection, and selling of NFTs.
Watch this video by Adam to learn more about Creator Lab.
How to earn money from social media in India is a topic of interest for many. While there are many social media celebrities you follow and see every day but never try or think of trying it out yourself. Now that you’ve read this guide on making money from social media in India, you can give it a try.
If you are someone who is camera shy, don’t want to spend lots of time on social media for earning money, than we’ve something for you too. How to earn money online in India covers 50 ultimate ideas on how to earn money online in India for students, ladies, without investment, and more. Head on to our guide and see what ideas you find doable for yourself. If you want to read it on Kindle, you can also buy the kindle edition book from Amazon: 50 Ways to Make Money Online in India by Blinkstore.
To save this blog as a PDF to refer it to later, in case you are looking for how to make money with social media pdf. Simple press ctrl +p on your keyboard and save this blog as a PDF on your laptop. If you are reading it on your mobile phone browser, you can also bookmark this blog or share it with your friend on WhatsApp to keep the link handy.
10. FAQs on How to earn money from social media in India
Q1. How to earn money from social media in India? / How can I make money from social media?
Ans. 10 Best Ways to Make Money on Social Media:
- Promote your Business Products and Services on Social Media
- Launch your merch store and sell merch to fans and followers
- Promote Affiliate Products
- Sell Your Music on Soundcloud
- Get paid collaborations from brands
- Earn Money Through Selling Coaching Services.
- Host paid events
- Creative premium content and charge for it
- Create paid communities online
- Host paid 1:1 sessions with your fans and followers
Q2. How can I make $100 a day in India?
Ans. If you’re interested in how to earn money from social media in India and in your spare time, check out these 7 ways you can earn ~$100 or more every day:
- Google Adsense
- Affiliate Marketing
- Display Ads
- Freelance Writing
- Getting New Clients for Your Business
- Selling Leads
- Digital Products
Read this blog to find 50 ideas on how to make money online in India.
Q3. Which social media is best for earning?
Ans. There’s no one size fits all. Depending upon your area of expertise, what kind of content you create, and how frequently you create content, your earning will vary. You can earn on Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, TikTok, Quora, etc.
Q4. How much does Instagram pay per post in India?
Ans. Micro-influencers with 5k to 10k followers earn an average of ~₹6,000 per post. Creators with 50k to 80k followers earn around ~₹15,000 per post and as you move towards more established creators with 250k to 500k followers, they cost around ~₹50,000 per post. It also depends on the reputation, type of collaboration, and relation between creator and the brand.
Q5. Does Instagram pay money in India?
Ans. Instagram does not pay directly to creators. But there are other ways like brand partnerships, badges, shopping, official merch, etc. to earn money from Instagram.